Most people using blogs.wm.edu are users on a site that someone else runs. For example, many professors set up a site and then have all the students in a class register for that blog.
1. Go to http://blogs.wm.edu/wp-signup.php
2. Enter a username that you would like to use
3. Enter the email address you would like associated with this account. (blogs.wm.edu uses this email address to send you your password if you forget it and to notify administrators of service outages)
4. Make sure “Just a username, please.” is checked.
5. Click “Next”
6. At this point, blogs.wm.edu will send you an email containing an activation link. Click that link to activate your account and recieve your password.
7. Log in to your new account. If your professor is using the “Add User widget,” navigate to your class blog and sign up for the blog in the sidebar. If your professor is adding student’s manually, send the professor an email saying you have successfully signed up for blogs.wm.edu. Make sure to include your username and the email you entered in steps 2 & 3 in your email–that is what your professor will use to register you for the blog.