The two main components of your WordPress site are Pages and Posts. Posts are often used for “dynamic” content. For example, information that is time-sensitive, like a news story or an article, would work well as a post.
To Create a Post
- On the left navigation menu, click on “Posts.”
- On the submenu that appears, click “Add New.”
- Give your post a title.
- Add the body text for your post.
- If you want to add an image to your post, click on the first icon next to “Upload/Insert” above the upper-left corner of the text box. Click “Select Files” and find the image on your computer that you want insert. Scroll down and click “Insert Into Post”.
- Give your Post a Category
- If you want to create a new category, click “Add New Category”, type in the new category’s name and click the “Add New Category” button below the text box.
- Click “Publish” and view your new post.