All new sites on blogs.wm.edu are set up to display your posts on your home page. Many people prefer to have a static page as your home page. Follow these instructions to configure the front page of your site to show a static page rather than a list of posts.
- Create a page you would like to use as your home page.
- Once you publish your new page, click “Settings” in the left navigation menu. Then click “Reading”, in the submenu that appears. The first option on the “Reading” page will be “Front Page Displays”.
- Click the circle next to “A Static Page”.
- In the “Front Page” dropdown box, select the page you want to use as your home page. If you want to designate a page to display your blog posts, you can do that in the “Posts Page” drop down box.
- Click “Save Changes” and view your site to look at your new home page.